Financial Planner & Analyst
YOUR ROLE AT WUNDERMART
Wundermart is seeking to hire a Financial Planner & Analyst. As we grow bigger rapidly we are in need of an FP&A who will be responsible for effectively managing cashflow, making the best use of capital and planning financially to ensure that Wundermart’s strategic goals are met.
The FP&A will be involved in running the annual budgeting process and producing regular forecasts that show the expected future performance of the business. He or she will analyze business trends and past results, advise on how company performance can be improved and explore potential growth scenarios. The Financial Planner & Analyst will interact regularly with founders, the CFO and department heads. The FP&A will be responsible for comparing actuals against plan, updating forecasts to reflect actual performance and informing the team on the progress of the company’s strategic plans.
WHAT YOU WILL DO AS A FINANCIAL PLANNER & ANALYST
- Working with the founders, the CFO and department heads to build their annual budgets and forecasts, consolidating them into one overall budget
- Analyzing financial and operational results to better understand company performance
- Preparing competitor analysis, market trends and associated commentary to senior management
- Provide detailed analysis and commentary on department results
- Creating financial models to project long term growth & determine the impacting business factors
- Comparing and evaluating previous budgets and forecasts, and performing variance analysis to explain differences in performance and make improvements going forward
- Evaluating whether the company’s current assets and investments are the best use of the company’s excess working capital
- Reporting to the board and C level management
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Has a master’s degree
- Is highly analytical
- Has the ability to solve complex problems
- Is commercially driven.
- has excellent communication skills